Tuesday 11 August 2009

A Blast from the Past .. 80's Style

I’ve noticed the 80’s fashion revival for some time now but I don’t think I appreciated how big an impact it would make this year. I mean right now it’s all about 80’s sounds and styles.

I was watching an interview on GMTV yesterday and they were talking about how all this techno music is back, eg. Little Boots and LaRoux. I thought maybe it was the music influencing fashion – it wouldn’t be the first time – but instead I remembered another point they made… ‘its because we’re the kids of the 80’s.’ That’s right, so if like me you born in the 80’s now that we’re in our prime apparently we’re bringing the 80’s back. Apparently jumpsuits and shoulder pads must have influenced me more than I realised because now.. I love them! Maybe even as a tiny baby I had eyes for fashion, maybe we all did. Hey, I used to mock old photos of my mum’s big hair and yet this morning I spent twenty minutes backcombing? If you take a pause for thought I’ll bet I’m not alone.

So pull out the techno patterns, the leggings, the neon brights and embrace your inner 80’s child, because this decade is our time, our prime, our chance to splash a whole load of electric colour over 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment